The children of Deacon Thomas Huntington (d. 1732) of Windham, Connecticut
The full references for this listing can be found in My Lineage from the Roots Up, vol. 1.
Thomas Huntington was born March 18, 1664, in Norwich, Connecticut, to Christopher Huntington and Ruth (Rockwell) Huntington. He married Elizabeth Backus (1670-1728) February 10, 1686, in Mansfield, Connecticut. For more on her family, see
In 1710, Thomas and his wife helped establish Mansfield Church after being granted a tract of land in Windham, Connecticut, by his father. In 1714/15, Thomas was ordained as Deacon. He died November 7, 1732, and is buried in Windham Burying Ground as Thomas Huntington, Esq.
Thomas and Elizabeth had at least nine children:
1. Thomas born April 22, 1688, in Norwich, Connecticut. He married (1st) Elizabeth Arnold (d. 1716) September 6, 1711, in Mansfield, Connecticut. They had two children. He married (2nd) Mehetabel Johnson (1701-1740) of Andover, Massachusetts, April 4, 1733, in Mansfield, Connecticut. They had three children. He is mentioned in his father’s will and was administrator of his brother William’s estate, caring for his brother’s daughter Dorcas after his death. Thomas died January 8, 1755.
2. Jedidiah born March 14, 1693, in Norwich, Connecticut. No marriage record was found, but he is mentioned in his father’s will. He died April 2, 1780, in Mansfield, Connecticut.
3. Elizabeth born April 17, 1695, in Windham, Connecticut. She married Joseph Hunt (1665-1746) November 5, 1717, in Mansfield, Connecticut. The details of her death are unclear. She is often confused with Elizabeth Hutchinson (1700-1785) who married Caleb Chappel in 1722.
4. Eleazer born July 28, 1697, in Windham, Connecticut. He married Deborah Hovey (1697-1784) February 25, 1718/9, in Mansfield, Connecticut. They had at least two children. He was named in his father’s will. He died March 7, 1749, in Connecticut.
5. Ruth born August 8, 1699, in Windham Co., Connecticut. She married Samuel Lincoln (1693-1794) in Windham, Connecticut, August 22, 1723, and had several children. She died October 6, 1757, in Windham, Connecticut.
6. Lydia born February 12, 1702, in Windham, Connecticut. She is often confused with her Aunt Lydia, who married Deacon Nathaniel Wales in 1730, as the older woman’s tombstone includes her age and is clearly his spouse. This younger Lydia does not appear in any records, so she likely died very young.
7. William born March 27, 1705, in Mansfield, Connecticut. He married Mary Bassett (~1708-1740) March 12, 1724, in Mansfield. He died about 1742. His brother Thomas was administrator of his estate and cared for his daughter Dorcas.
8. Christopher born October 3, 1707, in Mansfield, Connecticut. He died May 29, 1714.
9. Simon born July 6, 1710, in Mansfield, Connecticut. He married Ame/Ammi Standish (1711-1798) December 13, 1734, in Mansfield. He died September 1764 and is buried in Old Scotland Cemetery (North) in Windham Co., Connecticut.