Discover more from GenTales
Children of Edward Henry Lincoln (1826-1904) and Phoebe O'Neil (1824-1904)
Edward Henry Lincoln was born May 1826 in Wayne Co., Pennsylvania, to Elisha Lincoln and Elizabeth Pray (Aplin) Lincoln. February 3, 1848, he married Phoebe O’Neil (born March 11, 1824, Harding Co., Ohio), daughter of James O’Neil and Ruth Donaldson, in Hocking Co., Ohio. They had at least nine children. Edward Henry lived with his son Arthur in Pipestone Co., Minnesota, between at least 1895 and 1900, while his wife Phoebe lived with their daughter Marcia in Nebraska. Edward died September 14, 1904, and is buried in Martin Chapel Cemetery, Pacific City, Iowa. Phoebe died December 23, 1904, and is also buried in Martin Chapel Cemetery.
Their children were:
1. Eliza P. born March 2, 1849, in Starr, Hocking Co., Ohio. She died January 23, 1852, and is buried in Morris Chapel Cemetery in Starr.
2. James Stowell born June 5, 1850, in Starr, Hocking Co., Ohio. He died June 1, 1851, and is buried in Morris Chapel Cemetery in Starr.
3. Joseph Benjamin born November 13, 1851, in Starr, Hocking Co., Ohio. He married Laura L Evans (1855, Missouri – 1933, Iowa) presumably around 1875 in Iowa. He died June 14, 1911, and is buried in Glenwood Cemetery, Mills Co., Iowa.
4. Marcia M born April 1853 in Ohio. She married James Sturgeon (b. 1848) in 1878 in Iowa. In 1900, her mother Phoebe Lincoln lived with them in York, Nebraska. She died in 1938 and is buried in Greenwood Cemetery, York, Nebraska, as Marcia M Sturgeon.
5. Bertha Evelyn born February 23, 1855, in Ohio. She married (1st) Richard G Mitchell (1857, Scotland – 1903, Nebraska) in December 1900 in Nebraska, and (2nd) Reuben H Whitfield (1849, Alabama – 1934, Alabama) in Alabama or Georgia before 1920. She died January 9, 1954, in Jackson Co., Florida, and is buried in Collins Chapel Cemetery, Malone, Florida, as Bertha Whitfield.
6. Ella Mabel born September 14, 1859, in Pacific City, Iowa. She married Guilford T Hicks (1849-1898) on August 13, 1884, in Sioux, Iowa. Her husband lived in Minnesota in 1895, and is buried in Wisconsin, but where she was at that time and when she died is unclear.
7. Arthur Abraham was born August 6, 1860, in Scott Co., Iowa. He married Katherine Marie Follrich (1870, Chicago – 1943) in Canton, South Dakota in 1889. They lived in Pipestone Co., Minnesota, with his father by 1895. He attended Cornell College. Arthur was a clerk of School District No. 40, Town Treasurer in Altona, and stockholder of Verdi Creamery in Pipestone. He died February 2, 1915, in Pipestone Co., Minnesota, and is buried in Old Woodlawn Cemetery, Jasper, Minnesota.
8. Edwin Burr born January 28, 1862, in Iowa. In 1900 he lived with his sister Bertha in Hitchcock Co., Nebraska. He died February 26, 1903, and is buried in Lincoln Regional Center Calvert Street Cemetery, Lincoln, Nebraska.
9. Emily Esther born July 26, 1868, in Henry Co., Iowa. She married Frederick Ralph Hackett (1860-1939) November 27, 1888, in Hull, Iowa. She died October 20, 1957, in Walton Co., Florida, and is buried in Collins Chapel Cemetery in Malone, Florida (their children are available on Ko-Fi)
For Edward’s siblings, see this earlier post